Welly Care Guide
So, you’ve chosen your wellies and you’ve worn them in the mud, the rain and the snow. Now they’re going to need a little TLC-but don’t worry we have you covered with all our welly wisdom.
Here we have created a welly care guide to give you all the information you need on how to clean, store and protect your wellies so you can get the very best out of them.
A Little Welly Wisdom
How to clean your wellies
- Wash your wellies with a cloth and warm soapy water.
- Leave them to dry naturally and stuff them with newspaper to help them dry quicker. Avoid leaving your wellies on a radiator to dry.
- You may notice a white powdery residue on your wellies. This is a perfectly natural process called “blooming” in which the natural oils in the rubber work their way to the surface – simply wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Remove the insoles of your wellies and wash them separately - ideal for when those puddles are deeper than expected!
How to store your wellies
- Store your wellies in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
- Better still, keep them tucked away in one of our stylish welly bags.
- If your wellies are zipped, avoid storing them with the zip open or clogged with mud.
- Try to stop your long wellies from folding over.
How to protect your wellies
- Follow our cleaning and storage tips to get the very best out of your boots for longer.
- Use a boot remover to take off your wellies. Avoid using steps or other tools as these can cause damage.
- Keep wellies supple and prolong their life with our Buffer Up Welly Spray designed to restore shine and keep rubber good as new.
ONE YEAR WELLY GUARENTEE
We walk the walk when it comes to the quality of our wellies.
After all, we’ve been selling them for over 30 years. We work tirelessly
to make sure they’re not just pretty, but practical, too. That’s why each
pair are covered by our ‘One year welly guarentee’.
Shop wellies >
“This welly bag is fantastic! It’s a great place to stash by muddy boots and makes sure my car boot and new cream carpets stay clean. Lovely print, too.”
Shop Welly bags >